Monday, February 23, 2009

Scraps

I was just reading over on Unraveled that Kristen is looking to swap fat quarters for scraps. She seems to have plenty of offers of scraps, but it got me thinking. I have lots of scraps, some biggish, like 8 inches or so, some smaller. All in very unusual shapes. I have quite a few novelty prints that I don't care for at all.(Tennis anyone? EMTs? Corks?) Also just things that aren't really my style. heavy wine colored prints, abstracts etc. So my question is - does anyone want to swap scraps? I would do my best to send you something you would like, and I in return would like nothing more than to get rid of some of my gazillion scraps and get a surprise in the mail.

Now I bet you want to know where I get my scraps. I have a friend who sews ties, and she has generously donated many, many scraps to my cause. And I'm not picky when it's all free. So I take what I like and - okay, the truth? I fold what I don't like neatly and store it on my shelves wondering what to do with it.

Oh, and I know for a fact that she does not prewash, and I don't tend to wash scraps either. Just FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment