So my husband is just not a sharer. It's not that he doesn't want to, or gives pieces of himself grudgingly - quite the opposite. But I wonder what it is about me that makes me want to post my "25 random things" on Facebook. Or complete the Stash Interview on Sew, Mama, Sew. What makes me want to give myself to random, faceless people?
Eh, well. That's who I am, no? So enough with the philosophical thought and on with the interview. Even though I'm late as can be with it.
- What do you usually sew?
- When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?)
- Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need?
- Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it?
- Do you iron it?
- How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.)
- Do you have any special folding techniques?
- How do you store your fabric?
- What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash?
- When do you say enough is enough?
- What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects?
- Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? Let’s see it!
- What’s your definition of the perfect stash?
And here are some pictures. My work area, all neatened up for your benefit. I'm really pleased not to have to drag everything to the kitchen table to work, but my space is small. Small, I tell ya.
Anything less than a yard in here. Tub of not-favorite scraps at the bottom.
Patterns, favorite scraps and thread.
Here's the bin of big pieces. Baby shoes and pajamas in progess as well.
Let me not forget to show you my ironing 'board'.
And here is the whole room. It is 8x6 - really it was a walk in closet. Jason has the left half, I have the right. It's tight if we're in there together. Tight, but companionable.